Living in coolness in the summer can be taken for granted, mainly until you feel a taste of uneasiness with an air conditioner breakdown. It can happen at the worst moments; you’re eating lunch and suddenly realize how warm your kitchen feels or you can’t fall asleep at night because you are so warm enfolded in your covers. Think you’re feeling this uneasiness? It might be the moment for an air conditioner replacement.
Often times, it isn’t the thermostat’s error; the settings can be operating appropriately, but it still reads that the temperature is over 80 degrees. It’s often times caused by an ancient or faulty air conditioner that demands a call to the professionals to find out what’s wrong. There are many explanations why air conditioners fail, especially bearing in mind the weather in Muldrow. Here are a couple of things that you can examine for before you call Air Service Co. if you think your air conditioner has broken down:
- Broken outdoor fan motor: There is a fan motor on your external air conditioning system that helps move the heat from your home to the outdoors. If you scrutinize your system and find that the fan isn’t functioning properly, it means that the heat relocation isn’t transpiring, causing the warm air to stay in your home. This problem can also initiate overheating of the compressor and other likely internal harm to your system.
- Dirty filters: It’s one of the most likely issues that Air Service Co. sees. These dirty filters in your air conditioner reduce suitable airflow, affecting the air quality in your home, which is really problematic when allergy season comes around. Unclean air filters can also lower the efficiency in your home and boost your monthly energy costs.
- Blocked air flow: Always search for an barrier or jam in your return-air or supply-air grille. This can set off your air conditioner to decrease efficiency and slow down.
TIP: Make sure the grilles aren’t concealed by furniture or other home items, as well.
- Outside obstructions: Proper air flow could be also slowed down from exterior blockages near your system, such as shrubbery, trees, lawn chairs, etc. When the air flow is altered, it can affect it’s cooling abilities. Make sure that your system is uninhibited by obstacles and is cleaned routinely to lower the likelihood of air conditioner replacement.
Once you’ve completed these four system checks and your air conditioner still isn’t working, here are a list of questions and steps that you should check and answer to get your system up and functioning again. (Only progress to the next question if the system doesn’t start after doing the step before it):
- Is your thermostat temperature fixed below the indoor temperature?
- Is your system switch in the COOL spot?
- Is the outdoor unit power supply switch ON?
- Is the furnace/air handler power supply ON?
- Is your house fuse box/breaker box intact or has it blown a fuse or tripped a circuit breaker?
- If none of these things change your system function, call Air Service Co. at 918-212-8943.
Don’t let an air conditioner failure or replacement keep you awake at night. If you follow these tips and keep your system under routine maintenance, you should have you air conditioner operating again in no time. Our team at Air Service Co. in Muldrow is always here to assist – give us a call at 918-212-8943.