You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay snug no matter the weather. While it might not be the first thing that comes to your mind, getting an regular furnace service is an ideal way to keep from overspending on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at Air Service Co. have put together some tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we previously mentioned, furnace service can help save you in more ways than one. It can help you identify small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make certain your system is functioning at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Adjusting the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a big dent on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having trouble getting accustomed to the current temperature, try modifying it bit by bit, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will swiftly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most simple and most valuable things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through effortlessly, which will cause your system to work harder, which increases your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors with drafts can cause you to lose heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are great ways to fix drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your Air Service Co. technician is over for your annual furnace service, question the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
There isn’t a bad time to start saving money. Of course there are other ways to save money, but hopefully this will be the jumpstart you need. If you need to schedule your yearly furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 918-212-8943.