Summer is upon us! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some calm summer days. To boost your comfort and truly relax, make sure your air conditioner is ready for summer’s hottest days. One of the keys to a great summer in Muldrow is a reliable, efficient air conditioner. While Air Service Co. consistently recommends staying on track with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got several tips to help keep your air conditioner in top shape over the summer.
- First, another time to cite the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter regularly! Replace the filter in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Take the cover off your air conditioning unit if you opted to have it covered for the cold weather. Starting your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can ultimately damage it and result in costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris that are close to your outside unit can reduce your AC’s operations. Trim the grass, get rid any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. remember to check the vicinity at least monthly to keep it unobstructed and optimize airflow through your air conditioner.
- To get the best air quality and that your air conditioner is running efficiently, have your ducts cleaned regularly. It’s also a good idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where you need it and not leaving through gaps.
- Consider putting in a programmable thermostat to help you manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit rests on.
These straightforward steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable throughout the summer months. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you want any more tips or ideas to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running effortlessly, call Air Service Co. in Muldrow at 918-212-8943 today.