Having standard air conditioning service done at least annually can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it running at peak efficiency. Before we get to the hottest days of the Muldrow summer, have the specialists at Air Service Co. complete your routine air conditioning service.
Some tasks should always be completed during a usual air conditioning service appointment. According to energy.gov, your specialist should always:
- Check for the correct amount of refrigerant, and if necessary, look for refrigerant leaks utilizing a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is required, retrieve any refrigerant that must be cleared from the system, rather than illicitly discharging it to the air.
- Inspect for proper airflow in the system.
- Verify the appropriate electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and strengthen connections.
- Look for the exactness of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, swapping out or cleaning your air filters routinely is a top priority. That’s because nothing else that simple can help ensure your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Outside of when the air filter is cleaned or swapped out during your routine air conditioning service appointment, you should check it frequently. We advise checking it every month or according to the manufacturer’s advice. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual factors in your home, like how much dust enters your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your regular air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call Air Service Co. today at 918-212-8943.