During the colder Muldrow months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and turns out to be your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. But, if it does, a simple call to Air Service Co. will have you back to a warm and cozy home in no time. We’ve got some signs you should monitor for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you are faced with an emergency repair job. Call Air Service Co. right away if you notice any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace immediately and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that creates a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be inspected by a qualified technician or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re constantly turning up the thermostat, yet you remain cold, a furnace repair could be needed. While this could be a sign of a problem with your thermostat, it might also mean your furnace is not big enough for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you hear a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s louder than normal, it’s probably a good idea to arrange a repair.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re running your furnace as you usually do but recognize an increase in your utility bill, there are a variety of different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from Air Service Co. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It could be a something as minimal as an air filter problem or something as large as a motor problem. We’ll help you figure it out.
Now that you know how to recognize when you need a furnace repair, give us a call and we’ll be there to help. If your furnace is running fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call Air Service Co. at 918-212-8943 or arrange an appointment with us online.