According to the National Air Duct Cleaners Association, air ducts must be cleaned at least once every three to five years on average. Your home’s location, your pets and the lifetime of your air filters—along with many other factors—can influence this timeline. How can you tell if it’s time to have your ducts cleaned? We’ve got some signs that you should keep an eye on.
Look for these clues:
1. When your vents are totally opened, do any have less adequate airflow than others?
2. Can you hear something other than your blower motor when you pay attention to the airflow?
3. Is there blockage inside your cold air return vent?
4. When you peek inside with a flashlight, can you see a buildup of debris or pet hair?
5. Have insects or rodents made a home in your ductwork?
6. Are your cold air returns covered with dust or pet hair?
7. Are your registers driving out dust?
If you replied “yes” to any of these questions, it might be time to contact Air Service Co. in Muldrow about air duct cleaning.
Prolonging Time Between Air Duct Cleaning
While professional cleanings are important, there are actions you can take to maintain your ducts and extend the time between professional appointments.
Most importantly, schedule periodic HVAC maintenance with the pros at Air Service Co.. A yearly inspection of your furnace in the fall and air conditioning unit in the spring will keep your HVAC system running at peak performance. Examining your system regularly and replacing the air filter when required will also help keep your ducts clear.
Additional ways you can help manage your ducts:
• Seal air duct leaks that let debris in from spaces such as your attic.
• Check your air filters often and change them when needed.
• Regularly dust and vacuum your rooms.
• Replace air duct insulation if it is in poor or wet condition.
Keeping your ducts clear will help you make sure the air in your Muldrow home is clean. Don’t forget to use these preventative measures and schedule a professional duct cleaning now. Call the experts at Air Service Co. at 918-212-8943 or schedule an appointment online.