Spring is in the air here in Muldrow and that means vacation plans are on the horizon. While you’re figuring out what you need to pack and take with you, don’t forget what is left behind, your home. The Air Service Co. team has some helpful advice that will assist in keeping your home safe and help save some money on your utility bills while you enjoy a well-deserved vacation.
- Install Timers - Timers are an inexpensive way to make your home appear as though you’re still home by turning off and on the lights as if you never left. It’s a wise idea to program your lights to correspond with your usual schedule.
- Enlist the help of a house-sitter - If you have a trusted friend or family member, ask them if they’d mind stopping by and [[checking in on|check up on|look over]18 the house while you’re away. There’s no greater relief than a text while you’re you’re on vacation letting you know that everything at home is just fine.
- Wait to share - We aren’t going to say not to share photos of your awesome sabbatical on social media, but try to put it off until after you make it home to post information about your trip. Family and friends presumably already know you’re leaving so there’s no reason letting potential criminals know your intentions. Everyone will be just as enchanted by the amazing things you saw after you safely return home.
- Hold the Mail - The USPS has made it as simple as ever to put a hold on your mail you can do it online right now.
- Unplugged - If an electrical item is plugged in, even if it’s not on, it’s using energy. An effortless way to save some energy while you’re out of town is to unplug a few of your electronics. Something that you may not have thought of unplugging is your garage door. It will save you energy and it will also be another safeguard for your home.
- Adjust the thermostat - If you’re on vacation there’s no need to keep your home heated and cooled to your comfort level. If you have a digital thermostat you can set the thermostat back to your ideal level so you arrive back to a safe, cozy home.
These are some simple tips to add to your spring break prep agenda, right after finding the perfect bathing suit. If you have any questions about safeguarding your home this season or want to discuss additional energy saving tips, give Air Service Co. in Muldrow a call at 918-212-8943.