Whether you appreciate winter or favor the warmer months in Muldrow, many of us make adjustments to ensure our home’s temperature keeps us comfortable. This can have a big impact on your energy bills, but there are steps you can take to reduce those energy costs.
- Look at the weather stripping – As the years go on, the seals around your windows and doors can crack or become weathered. Walk around your home to find any drafts that need to be addressed.
- Take advantage of your blinds – If your windows have blinds, they can be helpful in keeping your house warm. Keep them open during the day when the sun is out, and make sure to close them at night, so the warmer air doesn’t escape.
- Change your filter – Check your filter regularly to see if it must be switched out. We advocate at least once every three months, but every household is different, so that can vary.
- Buy a programmable thermostat – It may seem like just a simple way to make sure your home keeps warm, but programmable thermostats can also help you reduce energy costs! You can arrange temperatures to be cooler when you are away from the home or sleeping. Being more mindful of efficiency will help with heating costs.
- Add insulation to your attic – Look to see if you have a sufficient amount of insulation. Because heat rises, insulation in your attic is a great tool to lower the chances of heat escaping.
- Schedule routine maintenance – Just like we visit the doctor to get checkups, your heating system needs to have checkups, too. Hiring qualified technicians to clean and maintain your system will give you piece of mind that your system is working effectively and efficiently. They can also detect small issues that could end up as more expensive repairs if left unchecked.
- Assess your HVAC system – If you notice your energy bills are continually increasing—even with your efforts to improve efficiency—it might be time to look for a replacement heating system. The professionals at Air Service Co. can help you analyze the performance of your HVAC system and walk through your options for newer, more efficient models.
Not only will these steps reduce the amount of money you are spending on your energy bills, but many of them can help your heating system operate more efficiently. More efficient energy use also maintains the health of your equipment, which means your system will last longer.
If you need routine maintenance on your heating system or would like an expert to provide additional information on reducing energy costs—we’ve got you covered. Give Air Service Co. in Muldrow a call to get started. You can reach us at 918-212-8943 or book an appointment with us online.