Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump issues in Muldrow during the winter time, when they’re needed the most to keep you warm. While you know the team at Air Service Co. will always be there ASAP when you need us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to confirm that a repair is important and save yourself some expenses if it’s not. We’ve collected this checklist of things to try before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is turned “on”. We’ve been to numerous calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is turned off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t switched on, return to your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat turned to heat? If yes, boost the temperature by five degrees to check if it turns on.
- If everything looks accurate, test your heat pump switch (if it has one) and inspect the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is a blockage causing your heat pump to breakdown?
- Try changing the battery, if it has one.
- Check your air filters inside your air handler to make sure they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump fix, call Air Service Co. at 918-212-8943 and we’ll return your home back to the toasty and cozy place you expect this time of year.